from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Put into practice or a particular use: applied physics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. put into practical use
- adj. of a branch of science, serving another branch of science or engineering
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of apply.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Put on; put to; directed; employed: said specifically of a science when its laws are employed and exemplified in dealing with concrete phenomena, and in this use distinguished from abstract or theoretical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. concerned with concrete problems or data rather than with fundamental principles
Sorry, no etymologies found.