from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The system of education in which both men and women attend the same institution or classes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the education of male and female students in the same institution
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An educating together, of different sexes or races; -- now used almost exclusively in reference to the education males and females together.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Joint education; specifically, the education of young men and young women in the same institution.
- n. Joint education; specifically, the education of young men and young women in the same institution and the same classes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. education of men and women in the same institutions
Sorry, no etymologies found.