from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process or act of stigmatizing.
- n. The production of stigmata upon the body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of stigmatizing.
- n. The production of stigmata upon the body. See Stigma, 8.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of stigmatizing, or the condition of being stigmatized; specifically, the supposed miraculous impression of the marks of Christ's wounds on the bodies of certain persons.
- n. The act, process, or result of producing, as by hypnotic suggestion, on the surface of the body points or lines which bleed.
- n. Also spelled stigmatisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of stigmatizing
stigmatize + -ation (Wiktionary)