from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Football The act or an instance of handing the ball to a teammate during a play.
- n. Sports The act or an instance of handing a baton to a teammate in a relay race.
- n. The act or an instance of passing something or the control of it from one person or agency to another: a handoff of the aircraft from one control tower to another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of hand-off.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A football play in which one player hands the ball to a teammate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (American football) a play in which one player hands the ball to a teammate
Sorry, no etymologies found.