from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A putrescent character or condition.
- n. Putrid matter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being putrid; decay
- n. Putrid matter
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being putrescent; putrescent matter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Putrescent character or condition; tendency to putridity or decay; a putrid state.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. in a state of progressive putrefaction
- n. the quality of rotting and becoming putrid
Sorry, no etymologies found.