from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A furnace used to reduce naturally occurring forms of calcium carbonate to lime.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a furnace used to produce lime from limestone
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kiln or furnace in which limestone or shells are burned and reduced to lime.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kiln or furnace in which lime is made by calcining limestone or shells.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a kiln used to reduce naturally occurring forms of calcium carbonate to lime
Sorry, no etymologies found.