from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of reach.
- n. Sailing on a reach, i.e. having the wind on either side and coming from an angle that is larger with respect to the bow than when sailing close-hauled.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, sailing to wind-ward; working to windward on alternate tacks; sailing on the wind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. accomplishment of an objective
- n. the act of physically reaching or thrusting out
Sorry, no etymologies found.