from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To give over (something) to another for care, protection, or performance: "He still has the aura of the priest to whom you would entrust your darkest secrets” ( James Carroll).
- transitive v. To give as a trust to (someone): entrusted his aides with the task. See Synonyms at commit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To trust to the care of.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. See intrust.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See intrust.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. confer a trust upon
- v. put into the care or protection of someone
en- + trust (Wiktionary)