American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Abnormally swollen or knotted: varicose veins.
- adj. Relating to or causing unusual swelling.
- adj. Resembling a varix on the surface of a shell.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or relating to varix: affected with varix.
- Designed for the cure or relief of varicose veins: applied to elastic fabrics made into stockings, bandages, etc., used for this purpose.
- In zoöl, rominent and tortuous, as formations upon a shell; resembling or having varices; varicated.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Irregularly swollen or enlarged; affected with, or containing, varices, or varicosities; of or pertaining to varices, or varicosities.
- adj. (Med.) Intended for the treatment of varicose veins; -- said of elastic stockings, bandages, and the like.
- adj. abnormally swollen or knotty
- Latin varicōsus, from varix, varic-, swollen vein. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“You're only home-sick, and what you call varicose veins come from over-eating.”
“Blue swollen veins in the legs and around the vagina are called varicose veins.”
“This leads to scratching and sores, and these may enlarge and become what are called varicose ulcers, which are slow and difficult of healing.”
“As to the _legs_, the so-called varicose veins are indications of weak blood-vessels and intestinal hemorrhage, while inflamed nerves lead to the conclusion of gouty diathesis and the danger of paralytic strokes.”
“-- The distention of the surface veins of the legs, the condition known as varicose veins, is not a peculiarity of pregnancy.”
“(HealthDay News) -- While many people can develop thick, blue and swollen blood vessels called varicose veins, there are risk factors that may them more likely.”
“Food and Drug Administration today approved Asclera (polidocanol) injection for the treatment of small types of abnormally swollen or twisted veins called varicose veins.”
“Various statistics indicate that more that 50% of the people in United Sates are affected by the vein problem called varicose veins.”
“Spider veins, also known as varicose veins, can range from size, location, as ... ...”
“They appear to be similar to those veins in the leg which are called varicose veins.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘varicose’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Bring forth the cathartic illumination on malignant,maniacal,medical,menage a trios and more egotists stymie
every major discipline has uniquely developed esoteric nomenclature to facilitate interdisciplinary dissemination
Words which I have some trouble comprehending or finding a synonym.
Looking for tweets for varicose.