from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Abnormally swollen or knotted: varicose veins.
- adj. Relating to or causing unusual swelling.
- adj. Resembling a varix on the surface of a shell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. abnormally swollen, dilated or knotty
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Irregularly swollen or enlarged; affected with, or containing, varices, or varicosities; of or pertaining to varices, or varicosities.
- adj. Intended for the treatment of varicose veins; -- said of elastic stockings, bandages, and the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or relating to varix: affected with varix.
- Designed for the cure or relief of varicose veins: applied to elastic fabrics made into stockings, bandages, etc., used for this purpose.
- In zoöl, rominent and tortuous, as formations upon a shell; resembling or having varices; varicated
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. abnormally swollen or knotty
Latin varicōsus, from varix, varic-, swollen vein.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)