from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the sole of the foot or the palm of the hand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to the palm of the hand or the sole of the foot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the palm of the hand or the sole of the foot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the palm, especially the ball of the thumb; thenar: as, the volar artery (the superficialis volæ).
- Palmar; not dorsal, as a side or aspect of the hand: as, the volar surface of the fingers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to the palm of the hand or the sole of the foot
From Latin vola, sole, palm.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin vola. (Wiktionary)