from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or corresponding to the palm of the hand or an animal's paw: palmar folds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the palm of the hand or comparable appendage
- adj. In the direction of the palm
- adj. Of or relating to the underside of the wings of birds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or corresponding with, the palm of the hand.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the under side of the wings of birds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to the palma or palm of the hand, or to the corresponding part of the fore foot of a quadruped.
- Superfical; the continuation of the ulnar artery in the palm, forming an arch opposite the anterior border of the thumb, convex distally. It gives off the digital arteries.
- Deep: a somewhat specialized sheet of fascia into which the tendon of the palmaris longus expands in the palm, continuous with the fascial sheaths of the fingers, confining the subjacent muscles, etc. and serving as a flexor tendon. See cuts under muscle.
- n. An anatomical structure, as a muscle, contained in or connected with the palm: as, the long and short palmars. See palmaris.
- n. In zoology, one of the joints or ossicles of the branches of a crinoid which succeed the brachials; one of the joints of the fourth order, or of a division of the brachials; a palmare.
- n. In the crinoids, according to both Carpenter's and Wachmuth and Springer's terminology, one of the plates of the arms or brachia which are of the third order of branching, situated beyond the distichal and within the postpalmars. They are the same as the third brachials in Bather's terminology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to the palm of the hand or the sole of the foot
Latin palmaris. (Wiktionary)