from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A semiwild hog of the southeast United States, having a narrow body with a ridged back.
- n. See rorqual.
- n. A sharp ridged hill.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A term used in the southeastern US for a thin feral pig. The term is borderline slang but is used as the nickname for the University of Arkansas athletic teams.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The rorqual.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A rorqual, finfish, or finner-whale, of the family Balænopteridæ.
- n. A hog whose back has somewhat the form of a sharp ridge.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mongrel hog with a thin body and long legs and a ridged back; a wild or semi-wild descendant of improved breeds; found chiefly in the southeastern United States
- n. any of several baleen whales of the family Balaenopteridae having longitudinal grooves on the throat and a small pointed dorsal fin
- adj. having a sharp narrow back
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The scrub and "razorback" hogs are very unprofitable, and require an undue amount of food to produce a pound of gain.
"razorback" was regaling two of the workmen with words of experience if not wisdom.
"Teeny" and "Tiny" are the names of a two-headed razorback musk turtle from California that's about the size of a nickel.
There are plenty of razorback hogs, Armadillos and skunks.
Bill has already disgraced this nation and now he is showing how forciful he can be engaging in the politics of personal destruction while squealing like a razorback over the 'boys ganging up on Hillary'
Threatened fish include humpback chub Gila cypha (E) and razorback sucker Xyrauchen texanus (E).
Instead of owning dogs, some people have crazy pets - like ostriches, razorback boars, and as we see here, Rusty the Rhino.
These include the bonytail chub, humpback chub, Sonora chub, Chihuahua chub, beautiful shiner, Pecos bluntnose shiner, razorback sucker, Colorado squawfish, Pyramid Lake cui-ui and Lahontan cutthroat trout.
Thanks for your wishes for the race - I wore a razorback top not PVC, becuase while I don't sweat, I do need to keep cool so lots of venting is important.
So, he bought four rides -- a Jetson car, a Flintstones car, a Batmobile and a tusked razorback -- from Kiddie Rides.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.