from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- In the Bible, a son of Jacob and the forebear of one of the tribes of Israel.
- interj. Used to express surprise or dismay.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Seventh son of Jacob, by his wife's handmaid Zilpah.
- proper n. One of the Israelite tribes, descended from Gad.
- proper n. A male given name
Alteration of God.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Old Testament Hebrew גד (gad) "luck", a son of Jacob. (Wiktionary)