from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Wearing or supplied with a cowl; hooded.
- adj. Having the shape of a hood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Wearing a cowl; hooded; as, a cowled monk.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Wearing a cowl; hooded.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wearing a cowl; hooded.
- Shaped like a cowl; cucullate: as, a cowled leaf.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the head enclosed in a cowl or hood
cowl + -ed (Wiktionary)