from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who quits school.
- n. One who has withdrawn from a given social group or environment.
- n. Computer Science A segment of magnetic tape on which expected information is absent.
- n. Computer Science The failure to read a bit of stored information.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who has left an educational institution without completing the course
- n. The slot in the frame that accepts the axles of the wheels.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who quits school before graduation
- n. someone who withdraws from a social group or environment
Sorry, no etymologies found.