American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Computer Science Memory hardware that can be programmed only once.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A colloquial shortening of promenade.
- n. An abbreviation of promontory.
- electronics programmable read-only memory: A PROM chip can be programmed one or more times (depending on the type) and generally cannot be re-programmed without special equipment. Once programmed and installed in a device, it functions as a read-only chip (as if it had been hard-wired to function that way.)
- n. a formal ball held for a school class toward the end of the academic year
- p(rogrammable) r(ead-)o(nly) m(emory). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Second, the extrapolation from apoptosis to preterm PROM and fetal demise is still far from proven in this setting.”
“PROM (programmable read-only memory): A PROM is a memory chip on which you can store a program.”
“As the venue for our Law School Prom (yes, I did indeed say "PROM"), this hotel was very average.”
“LIL WAYNE BRINGS FACEBOOK TO 'PROM': Rapper to perform new single live today on social networking site.”
“ALABAMA MIGHT PREVENT UNDOCUMENTED KIDS FROM GOING TO PROM - Immigration opponents often cite alleged upticks in crime that stem from an increased flow of new residents across the border.”
“Cara poked around in the cabinets for a clean glass and finally pulled down a coffee mug reading SHERMAN HIGH JUNIOR PROM COURT, 2005.”
“ZOMBIE PROM," Prince William Little Theatre performs a musical about a high school senior who drives his motorcycle into an atomic power plant and comes out a zombie determined to graduate. 8 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays and 2 p.m.”
“Alas, my dream has never come true, but at least if the reader looks up startled I can tell her that I, too, enjoyed Sarah Dessen's LOCK AND KEY, Laurie Halse Anderson's PROM, or Shannon Hale's BOOK OF A THOUSAND DAYS.”
“PROM by Katie Wech - "High school students prepare for their prom.”
“In fact, it was on my prom night and the unwittingly exposed girl was the PROM QUEEN and one of the “popular crowd”.”
‘PROM’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for PROM.