from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Baseball The field position between second and third base.
- n. Baseball The infielder who occupies this position.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The infield defensive player that stands between the second baseman and the third baseman.
- n. A nimble defender.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The player stationed in the field bewtween the second and third bases.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A player in the game of base-ball who is stationed between second and third base; also, the position filled by that player. See base-ball. Also called short.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an acid bath used to stop the action of a developer
- n. the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed between second and third base
- n. (baseball) the person who plays the shortstop position
Sorry, no etymologies found.