from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Beyond the designated boundaries or limits.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. beyond designated limits
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. outside the delimited playing field.
- adj. barred to a designated group.
- adj. Beyond the limits of the expected standard of taste or propriety.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a line that marks the side boundary of a playing field
- adj. outside the foul lines
- adj. barred to a designated group
Sorry, no etymologies found.