from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of shield.
- adj. provided with a shield
- adj. protected from influence or danger
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology, shield-bearing; scutigerous; cataphract; loricate. See cut under phylloxera-mite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used especially of machinery) protected by a shield to prevent injury
Sorry, no etymologies found.