from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of commission.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. holding by virtue of a commission a rank of second lieutenant or ensign or above; -- of military officers. Contrasts with
- adj. given official approval to act.
- adj. created according to an order.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. given official approval to act
- adj. (of military officers) holding by virtue of a commission a rank of second lieutenant or ensign or above
Sorry, no etymologies found.