from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of foreshadow.
- n. A literary device in which an author drops subtle hints about plot developments to come later in the story.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A typifying; representation by image.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of providing vague advance indications; representing beforehand
- adj. indistinctly prophetic
Sorry, no etymologies found.