from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Anything which serves for any purpose as a substitute for an object of which it is, in some sense, a representation or sign.
- v. Obsolete form of seem.
- n. Obsolete form of seam.
- adj. Obsolete form of semée.
- n. An active or dominant male character in a same-sex relationship; a top.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A linguistic sign.
- n. A basic component of meaning of a morpheme, especially one which cannot be decomposed into more basic components; a primitive concept.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete spelling of seem, seam.
From Japanese 攻める (semeru, "to attack"). (Wiktionary)