from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To divide, distribute, or assess proportionately.
- intransitive v. To settle affairs on the basis of proportional distribution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To divide proportionately, especially by day; to divide pro rata.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To divide or distribute proportionally; to assess pro rata.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To assess pro rata; distribute proportionally.
- To make arrangement or agreement on a basis of proportional distribution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. divide or assess proportionally
- v. make a proportional settlement or distribution
From pro rata.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)