from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To provide an excess amount of capital for (a business enterprise).
- transitive v. To estimate the value of (property) too highly.
- transitive v. To place an unlawfully or unreasonably high value on the nominal capital of (a corporation).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to estimate the value of a company, stock etc too highly
- v. to capitalize a business beyond a sustainable level
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. capitalize beyond what the business or the profit-making prospects warrant
- v. estimate the capital value of (a company) at an unreasonably or unlawfully high level
- v. overestimate the market value of
Sorry, no etymologies found.