American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Intended to discourage importation and sale of foreign-made goods at prices substantially below domestic prices for the same items.
- adj. economics, trade, diplomacy Intended to combat or prevent dumping, the sale of goods below cost for anticompetitive purposes
- anti- + dumping (Wiktionary)
“Mr. De Gucht ' s strategy would expand the arsenal of traditional trade defense measures such as antidumping tariffs.”
“In the present crisis, measures such as antidumping duties may not attract much attention, but this creeping protectionism poses an equally great danger.”
“There have been increases in tariffs, new nontariff measures and more resort to trade defense measures such as antidumping actions.”
“But it also highlighted a broader sensitivity about "antidumping" measures, which impose extra duties on imports that are allegedly sold for less than they cost at home.”
“Under WTO rules, the importing country may retaliate by applying "antidumping" duties.”
“Sino trade dialogue as the other usual suspects: antidumping and countervailing duties, intellectual property, government procurement and indigenous innovation programs and currency valuations.”
“Using a nonmarket-economy procedure for antidumping cases often leads to higher duties than might be the case if Commerce based duty rates solely on the actual costs of production in China or Vietnam.”
“China trade in recent year has come from old-fashioned antidumping and countervailing duty cases.”
“Beijing appealed, arguing the U.S. couldn't legally impose two different classes of punitive duties—antidumping and antisubsidy— on the same goods.”
“Beijing has been campaigning hard for market-economy status from both the U.S. and EU because it would make it harder for those countries to levy antidumping duties.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘antidumping’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Looking for tweets for antidumping.