from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That prevents or diminishes spasms; antispasmodic.
- adj. Of, pertaining to antispasts
- n. A substance that prevents or diminishes spasms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Believed to cause a revulsion of fluids or of humors from one part to another.
- adj. Counteracting spasms; antispasmodic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In medicine: Causing a revulsion of fluids or humors.
- Counteracting spasm; antispasmodic.
- Containing or consisting of antispasts: as, an antispastic verse.
- n. In medicine: A medicine supposed to act by causing a revulsion of the humors.
- n. A remedy that counteracts spasm; an antispasmodic.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
According to, www. drugs.com/baclofen. html, Baclofen is a muscle relaxer and an antispastic agent.
No evidence supports the use of antispastic agents
2C receptors with SB206553 or cyproheptadine, in both rats and humans, largely eliminates these calcium currents and muscle spasms, providing a new rationale for antispastic drug therapy. receptor activity, but not residual 5-HT, causes spasms.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.