from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That prevents or diminishes spasms; antispasmodic.
- adj. Of, pertaining to antispasts
- n. A substance that prevents or diminishes spasms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Believed to cause a revulsion of fluids or of humors from one part to another.
- adj. Counteracting spasms; antispasmodic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In medicine: Causing a revulsion of fluids or humors.
- Counteracting spasm; antispasmodic.
- Containing or consisting of antispasts: as, an antispastic verse.
- n. In medicine: A medicine supposed to act by causing a revulsion of the humors.
- n. A remedy that counteracts spasm; an antispasmodic.
Sorry, no etymologies found.