from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. disconnected from something that it should be, or is normally coupled to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In organ-playing. separated or disjoined; not united by means of a coupler: said of keyboards. See organ, 6.
- Not coupled; not fastened to a couple or with couplings.
- Not wedded; single.
- In heraldry, same as découplé.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the coupling undone
Sorry, no etymologies found.