from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Informal Simple and unpretentious in behavior.
- adj. Informal Characterized by informality and affability: a friendly, folksy town.
- adj. Informal Modest; low-key: folksy humor; a folksy style that masked a keen business mind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characteristic of simple country life.
- adj. Informal, affable and familiar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. same as cracker-barrel.
- adj. very informal and familiar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of country life
- adj. very informal and familiar
folks, pl. of folk + -y1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)