from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. To an excessive degree: overly protective.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. To an excessive degree.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Careless; negligent; inattentive; superfical; not thorough.
- adj. Excessive; too much.
- adv. In an overly manner.
- adv. Excessively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Outside: superficial; negligent; inattentive; casual.
- Excessive; too much.
- Excessively; too much; too: used independently instead of the usual over- in composition: as, not overly good; overly particular.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. to a degree exceeding normal or proper limits
Sorry, no etymologies found.