from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a flat, circular form; disk-shaped.
- adj. Related to or having a disk.
- adj. Botany Having disk flowers only. Used of a composite flower head.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or shaped like a disc / disk
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the form of a disk, as those univalve shells which have the whorls in one plane, so as to form a disk, as the pearly nautilus.
- n. Anything having the form of a discus or disk; particularly, a discoid shell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the form of a disk; pertaining to a disk.
- Also discoidal.
- n. Something in the form of a disk or quoit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a flat circular shape
Sorry, no etymologies found.