from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bent down at the sides so as to give the upper part a rounded form.
- adj. Bent on each side of a mountain or ridge, without being broken at top; -- said of strata.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the shape of a saddle; in botany, having a hollowed back and lateral lobes hanging down like the laps of a saddle, a form occurring in petals.
- In geology, a technical term descriptive of an unbroken symmetrical anticline.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. shaped in the form of a horse's saddle
Sorry, no etymologies found.