from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shaped like a tongue: lingulate antennae.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In the shape of a tongue
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Shaped like the tongue or a strap; ligulate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Formed like a tongue; strap-shaped; ligulate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. shaped like a tongue
Latin lingulātus, from lingula, diminutive of lingua, tongue; see lingua.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)