American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. Past participle of housebreak.
- adj. Trained to have excretory habits that are appropriate for indoor living: a fully housebroken dog.
- adj. Trained to be docile or compliant.
- adj. Of animals: trained to avoid urinating or defecating in the house, except within a litterbox, toilet, or other receptacle.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. trained to urinate and defecate outside or in a special place, such as a litter box.
- adj. (of pets) trained to urinate and defecate outside or in a special place
“To the animal rescue place who then adopts them out to suburbanites who soon learn that the word "housebroken" means different things to different people.”
“But to his credit, Adolf was a fantastic companion for his rescuer...even though he never did quite master the concept of "housebroken" either....”
“If "Wilfred" is what it takes to ram home some basic training these people missed earlier in life, we must rejoice no matter how they were housebroken.”
“None of the previous Skippys were housebroken, so why start now?”
“While being housebroken, she mistakenly answers to ‘Chi,’ (the Japanese word for ‘small’, can also be ‘pee’) and this becomes her name.”
“Does the unsanitary, un-housebroken little idiot realize that now, even if it comes down to a Final Two of he and Satan's Bride, they'll still never vote him the money?”
“A pit bull is more housebroken than Carl Paladino," said NYU's Mitchell Moss.”
“A horse cannot be housebroken, though some equines are neater than others and poop in only one corner of their stall or enclosure; some horses poop anywhere and churn their "horse apples" into their bedding using their legs as if they were egg beaters.”
“The only reason it was possible for you to be rewarded for your boorishness by getting your question addressed is that you had the good fortune to be surrounded by people who were housebroken.”
“Some of ‘em just can’t be housebroken, and nobody here is going to buy the newspapers that it would take to try. pdbwatch is now on my Favorites list to visit after the kids have gone to school.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘housebroken’.
An extensive list I have been working on for quite some time. Feel free to add more of the kind if you miss any.
Looking for tweets for housebroken.