from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past participle of housebreak.
- adj. Trained to have excretory habits that are appropriate for indoor living: a fully housebroken dog.
- adj. Trained to be docile or compliant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of animals: trained to avoid urinating or defecating in the house, except within a litterbox, toilet, or other receptacle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. trained to urinate and defecate outside or in a special place, such as a litter box.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of pets) trained to urinate and defecate outside or in a special place
Sorry, no etymologies found.