from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A deep cooking pan with a handle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A deep cooking vessel with a handle and sometimes a lid; used for boiling, stewing and making sauces.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small pan with a handle, in which sauce is prepared over a fire; a stewpan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Originally, a pan for cooking sauces.
- n. A small metallic vessel for cooking, having a cover, and a long handle projecting nearly horizontally from the side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a deep pan with a handle; used for stewing or boiling
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Combine powder, sugar and 1 tbsp of milk to a paste in saucepan, add remaining milk and heat to just under the boil.
Place in saucepan with water to cover 1 inch, bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan over low heat.
Heat oil in saucepan; add onion and garlic and saute until lightly browned.
Melt a stick of butter in saucepan on medium until nutty brown.
A wide saucepan is ideal for making aloo gobi as it has a large surface area for the vegetables to come in contact with heat.
Melt fruit spread in saucepan, then spread evenly over baked batter.
Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat.
Shell beans and place in saucepan with water to cover.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the grated cheese, stirring until the cheese is melted.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.