from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An artisan specializing in making fine articles of wooden furniture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A skilled woodworker who makes high-quality wooden furniture
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose occupation is to make cabinets or other choice articles of household furniture, as tables, bedsteads, bureaus, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose occupation is the making of household furniture, such as cabinets, sideboards, tables, bedsteads, etc.
- n. One who busies himself unauthorizedly with constructing a governmental cabinet; a politician or busybody who speculates on or needlessly troubles himself with the selection of cabinet ministers and the formation of a cabinet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woodworker who specializes in making furniture
Sorry, no etymologies found.