from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who calls upon (a person, especially a god) for help, assistance or guidance.
- n. One who appeals for validation to a (notably cited) authority.
- n. One who conjures up spirits with incantations.
- n. Someone who induces as an inevitable consequence.
- n. One who solicits, petitions for, appeals to a favorable attitude.
- n. That which causes a program or subroutine to execute.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who invokes.
invoke + -er (Wiktionary)