from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or involving multiple alternating currents that have the same frequency but differ in phase
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or consisting of multiple phases of matter
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having or producing two or more phases; multiphase.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In electricity, having components of various phase: referring to an alternating-current system in which several currents of equal frequency are used, which differ from one another in phase by a definite fraction of a period, as, in the three-phase system, three currents differing by one third period, in a quarter-phase system, two currents differing by one quarter period.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of an electrical system that uses or generates two or more alternating voltages of the same frequency but differing in phase angle
poly- + phase (Wiktionary)