from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An establishment engaged in couture.
- n. One who designs for or owns such an establishment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who designs haute couture
- n. a company that is owned by, or employs such a person; a fashion house
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. someone who designs clothing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who designs clothing
French, dressmaker, from Old French cousturier, from cousture, sewing; see couture.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French couturier. (Wiktionary)