from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An accepted member of a group.
- n. One who has special knowledge or access to confidential information.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who has special knowledge about the inner workings of a group, organization, or institution.
- n. A person who is within an enclosed space.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an officer of a corporation or others who have access to private information about the corporation's operations, especially information relating to profitability.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is inside; one who is within the limits of some place, structure, society, organization (as a church), etc.
- n. Hence One who has some special advantage, as in a business enterprise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an officer of a corporation or others who have access to private information about the corporation's operations
inside + -er (Wiktionary)