from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An enlisted rank in the U.S. Air Force that is above airman basic and below airman first class.
- n. A person who holds this rank.
- n. An enlisted person in the U.S. Navy working with aircraft.
- n. An aviator.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pilot of an aircraft
- n. A member of an air force
- n. A rank in the U.S. Air Force above Airman Basic and below Airman First Class.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man who ascends or flies in an aircraft; an aviator; an airplane pilot.
- n. an enlisted man in the air force; there are several grades.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who operates an aircraft
At one point during that period, there was a slight panic in the USAF ranks, at any rate — the first term airman re-enlistment rate for Arabic linguists for one entire year was 0%.
We would like to include the poem sent to us by Sarah Parker McAdams, the sister of John R. Parker, the American airman from the “Queen Bee” aircraft of VPB-117 who was executed at Taipei on June 19, 1945.
Intelligence Agency (DIA), but the presence of the photo in the file seems to indicate that the airman is Shelton.
The face of the airman is blacked out by the U.S. Defense
I NOTICE that apart from the widespread complaint that the German pilotless planes seem so unnatural (a bomb dropped by a live airman is quite natural, apparently), some journalists are denouncing them as barbarous, inhumane, and an indiscriminate attack on civilians.
On another a man in airmans costume is fighting barehanded against a rat somewhat larger than a donkey.
It is a good service to provide for your listeners so we don't have to pause the show find whatever your looking at and then come back. aria on August 22, 2009 3: 04 pm intro is a cover of the airman stage on rockman 2. its called airman ga taosenai, u can find lots of versions of it on nico nico douga
TPCMS Director reads a note from Charles Parker, brother of slain airman.
The airman is the first U.S. fatality in Iraq this month.
The airman was the pilot of the Air Force F-16 fighter jet that crashed northwest of Baghdad.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.