from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An enlisted rank in the U.S. Air Force that is above airman basic and below airman first class.
- n. A person who holds this rank.
- n. An enlisted person in the U.S. Navy working with aircraft.
- n. An aviator.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pilot of an aircraft
- n. A member of an air force
- n. A rank in the U.S. Air Force above Airman Basic and below Airman First Class.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man who ascends or flies in an aircraft; an aviator; an airplane pilot.
- n. an enlisted man in the air force; there are several grades.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who operates an aircraft
air + -man (Wiktionary)