American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The skin of a goat.
- n. Leather made from a goatskin.
- n. A container, as for wine, made from a goatskin.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The detached skin of the goat, with or without the hair.
- n. Tanned or tawed leather from the skin of the goat. The best dyed morocco, used in bookbinding and for fine shoes, etc., consists of goatskin. Tawed goatskin is used for wash leather, gloves, etc. Also called
- n. A liquid container (especially of wine or water) made from goat leather.
- n. Ireland, colloquial a bodhran drum.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The skin of a goat, or leather made from it.
- n. the hide of a goat
- goat + skin. (Wiktionary)
“Also received by Palin: jewelry made from renewable materials, a piece of stained glass, a custom Bible hand bound in goatskin leather, more than two dozen books and some cds.”
“Sometimes the memory of the past is very strong upon me, and I forget that I am a dirty old man, clad in goatskin, wandering with my savage grandsons who are goatherds in the primeval wilderness.”
“Holding it far above his head, Hassan tipped it back so that the water shot out of the tiny spout and directly into his open mouth, like wine from a medieval goatskin.”
“There were no fingers being snapped, so I was forced tolearn the patterns and call of the foreign goatskin instrument.”
“And my hands were soft, because I did no work with them, and my body was clean all over and dressed in the softest garments -- He surveyed his mangy goatskin with disgust.”
“I was feverish, and on occasion I drank sparingly of water from a stinking goatskin.”
“This goatskin I kept hanging in the sun that the stench of the skin might increase and that there might be no refreshment of coolness in the water.”
“After extensive preparations, the bookbinder then mounts the diploma in a leather cover made of the highest quality goatskin.”
“He wears "High-top boots expensively clicker'd with gold taps, a pair of hip-hugging jodhpur-style pants in a faded mauve tone, an amount of gold chains, a heavy mink coat to keep out the worst of the hardwind's assaults and a goatskin beanie hat set pavee-style at the crown of his head.”
“Now, if you want to sacrifice a couple of goats and a dog to Lupa, then run around town naked, save for a bloody thong of goatskin — — that's a goddamn reason to get out of bed.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘goatskin’.
Stuff that holds other stuff.
Key words of the Odyssey by Homer in English including all those famous repeating epitethons like
Words used quite often in steampunk
Looking for tweets for goatskin.