from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The pelt or fur, especially the underfur, of a seal.
- n. A garment made of sealskin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of fabric made from the skin of seals.
- n. Any fabric manufactured to resemble sealskin.
- n. An item of clothing made from sealskin (whether real or imitation).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The skin of a seal; the pelt of a seal prepared for use, esp. of the fur seal; also, a garment made of this material.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The skin of a seal, tanned or otherwise dressed as material for clothing (as boots, shoes, and caps), and for many other uses; especially, the prepared fur of the fur-seal, used for women's jackets or sacks; by extension, a garment made of this fur.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the pelt or fur (especially the underfur) of a seal
- n. a garment (as a jacket or coat or robe) made of sealskin
seal + skin (Wiktionary)