from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The untanned hide of cattle or other animals.
- n. A whip or rope made of rawhide.
- transitive v. To beat with a rawhide whip.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Untanned hide.
- v. To clear (a pump) of sediment by starting and stopping it repeatedly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cowhide, or coarse riding whip, made of untanned (or raw) hide twisted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The material of untanned skins of cattle, very hard and tough when twisted in strips for ropes or the like, and dried.
- n. A riding-whip made of twisted rawhide.
- Made of rawhide: as, a rawhide whip.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. untanned hide especially of cattle; cut in strips it is used for whips and ropes
raw + hide (Wiktionary)