Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being redeemed; admitting of redemption.
- Capable of being paid off; subject to a right on the part of the debtor to discharge, satisfy, recover, or take back by payment: as, a redeemable annuity.
- adj. Capable of being redeemed; able to be restored or recovered.
- adj. finance Capable of being paid off; subject to a right on the part of the debtor to discharge or of an issuer to repurchase; as, a redeemable annuity or redeemable preferred stock.
- adj. Susceptible to correction or reform.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Capable of being redeemed; subject to repurchase; held under conditions permitting redemption.
- adj. Subject to an obligation of redemtion; conditioned upon a promise of redemtion; payable; due; ,
redeemabblein gold, or in current money, or four months after date.
- adj. susceptible to improvement or reform
- adj. able to be converted into ready money or the equivalent
- adj. recoverable upon payment or fulfilling a condition
- redeem + -able (Wiktionary)
“It was evidently in connection with the second of these attempts that in January, 1738-39, the council again appealed to the governor to consent to the emission of �,000 in bills which they described as redeemable in silver and gold and which they said were on a different foundation from those which occasioned his Majesty's prohibition.”
“I think making the antagonist redeemable is a good idea.”
“Another thing that makes the book redeemable is the ending.”
“I am speaking of the major United States insurance and trust companies who had invested heavily in redeemable notes for the interest they could earn.”
“Upon returning the Kobo eReader, guests will receive a special offer for $2 off select Random House titles redeemable at www. kobobooks.com/randomhouse.”
“Carrying a suggested retail price of US$19. 95 and available exclusively at www. popcap.com/bejeweledblitz/, Bejeweled Blitz PC offers a range of enhancements to, and advantages over, the free Facebook game, including full-screen play, dramatically enhanced sound and graphics, dozens of new achievements and corresponding badges and 1 million coins redeemable for "Blitz Boosts" - power-ups and other score-stimulating effects.”
“It also makes it seem like he's redeemable, which is very important.”
“No character is perfect (that would be boring), but the characters we care about no matter how messed up they are, are the ones that have some kind of redeemable quality from the beginning.”
“It is held that money should be "redeemable" in terms of the underlying asset, or its equivalent.”
Looking for tweets for redeemable.