from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suitable for being received or accepted, especially as payment.
- adj. Awaiting or requiring payment; due or collectible.
- n. A business asset due to one business from another. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. capable of being received, especially of a debt, from the perspective of the creditor.
- n. A debt owed, usually to a business, from the perspective of that business
- n. Especially, a debt arising from a sale on account or on credit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being received.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being received; fit for reception or acceptance.
- Awaiting receipt of payment; that is to be paid: as, bills receivable. See bill payable, bill receivable, under bill.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. awaiting payment
receive + -able (Wiktionary)