from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something extra or left over that is obtained free.
- n. An extra ration.
- adj. Free of charge; gratis: "If they deposit these shares, too, in the scheme, they will get further buckshee shares on a one-for-one basis” ( Economist).
- adj. Unsolicited; gratuitous: "The title was a bit of buckshee deceit, and had little to do with the plot” ( Financial Times).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A gift or bribe.
- n. An extra portion, ration etc.
- adj. Free, without charge.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. free of charge
Variant of baksheesh.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)