from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or suggestive of Antaeus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to Antaeus, a half-giant slain by Hercules in Greek mythology.
- adj. Having superhuman strength, resembling that of Antaeus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Antæus, a giant athlete slain by Hercules.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling Antæus, a giant, in Greek legend, slain by Hercules.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The Antaean treatment is needful for terrestrials, unless they would dwindle.
The old Antaean fable of strength renewed from the ground
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.