American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A small writing board with a spring clip at the top for holding papers or a writing pad.
- n. Computer Science A file or an area in memory where cut or copied text and graphics can be temporarily stored before being moved to another location.
- n. A flat piece of rigid material, such as card or plastic, with a clip at one end under which papers can be held.
- n. computing A buffer in memory where the user can store data temporarily while transferring it from one place within an application to another or between applications.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a small writing board with a clip attached at the top for holding papers.
- n. a small writing board with a clip at the top for holding papers
- clip + board (Wiktionary)
“MsgBox, 36, Title, Your clipboard currently contains "% clipboard%.”
“; (Likely sets a variable equal to clipboard, I'm surprised it doesn't result in an error) \% A_LoopFileName\% = \% clipboard\%”
“; For example, if clipboard contained "the" it would compare \% the\% with A. png if \% clipboard\% = A. png gosub, Alabel”
“ClipSaved: = ClipboardAll; assign contents of clipboard to variable ClipSaved clipboard = ` [teststring `] ` [url ` = \% clipboard\% `]”
“WinWaitActive, 111.222.333.44: 00 - Tera Term VT, clipboard = % clipboard%”
“FileRead, filecont, \% theFile\% clipboard = \% clipboard\% \% filecont\%”
“MsgBox, The user pressed cancel. return fileread, clipboard, \% files\% if errorlevel 0 msgbox, error level 0 else if errorlevel 1 msgbox, error level 1 msgbox, \% clipboard\%”
“StringReplace, outB, test, ă, a clipboard = \% g\% msgbox \% clipboard\%”
“clipboard = %clipboard% ; Convert the cliboard contents to plain text.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘clipboard’.
Words that were well established before they gained special use in computing systems.
Everyday items not previously listed, most of them in sight as I type.
Looking for tweets for clipboard.