from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small writing board with a spring clip at the top for holding papers or a writing pad.
- n. Computer Science A file or an area in memory where cut or copied text and graphics can be temporarily stored before being moved to another location.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A flat piece of rigid material, such as card or plastic, with a clip at one end under which papers can be held.
- n. A buffer in memory where the user can store data temporarily while transferring it from one place within an application to another or between applications.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a small writing board with a clip attached at the top for holding papers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small writing board with a clip at the top for holding papers
clip + board (Wiktionary)