from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A heavy coat worn over ordinary clothing in cold weather.
- n. An additional, protective coating, as of paint.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A heavy garment worn over other clothes, for protection from cold or weather.
- v. To apply an exterior coating to.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coat worn over the other clothing; a greatcoat; a topcoat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A coat worn over all the other dress; a top-coat; a greatcoat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a heavy coat worn over clothes in winter
- n. an additional protective coating (as of paint or varnish)
over- + coat (Wiktionary)