from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A man's overcoat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man's coat to be worn over his other garments; an overcoat, especially when long, and fitting closely like a body coat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man's overcoat; especially, in recent usage, such a coat cut like a frock-coat with full skirts.
- n. In fortification, the elevation of the parapet of a work at the angles, to protect from enfilade fire.
- n. A single large piece, such as an epergne, a vase holding cut flowers, a decorative cache-pot with a growing plant, or a large and decorative tazza or compotiėre, used to form the central ornament of a dinner-table.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man's overcoat in the style of a frock coat
Sorry, no etymologies found.